First Steps Parents As Teachers
At the Fremont County Family Center we believe You are your child’s first and most influential teacher! The First Steps Parents As Teachers home visitation program can provide you with information on development, nutrition and age appropriate activities to support your young child’s natural curiosity and learning.
- Home visits with a certified Parents as Teachers home visitor provide one-on-one support for families with young children birth through Kindergarten age.
- Weekly playgroups include: age appropriate activities, child development & nutrition information and access to community resources.
- Developmental, Vision, Hearing and Social/Emotional Screenings.
- Child Health Passport
- Parenting workshops on subjects like discipline, toileting, nutrition, sibling rivalry and more.
- A quarterly newsletter with helpful parenting tips and the Family Center’s calendar of events.
First Steps services are available free of charge to all Fremont County families with children birth to Kindergarten age.
Many parents say having a home visitor who serves as a mentor, coach and resource person through the preschool years enhances their overall parenting experience.
For more information about
First Steps Parents As Teachers call: 719.275.0550